Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pixellation Pitch - New Idea

So after rereading the project guidelines and re-listening to my section (Pixellation 5), I've decided to go a different route.

I just came across a glow-in-the-dark spin art at a thrift store the other day, so I plan on on scanning in and taking still images of the rotating/streaking paint images to create the background plate.  The different images will probably be rotating, changing opacity, and shifting blending modes to create a variety of different backgrounds.  

A small, rubber stick figure will drop from the top of the frame to synch up with the noises.  This will be done by taking one still picture of the figure and then parenting his arms and legs to bend when he lands.  He will then look around and begin to rotate, examining the colorful world he fell into.  This will be the pixellation loop - approximately 8 frames, looped and repeated as he rotates 360 degrees.

As I begin working, I will most likely adapt and change this idea.  I am still trying to figure out how to create more textures/elements and add them within the scene.


No comments: