Sunday, February 24, 2008

Pixellation Pitch

For my pixellation project, I am planning on taking digital photos of a toy and animating a dance cycle. The toy is a small, wirery creature that can bend easily, so it should be fairly easy to create a pixellation sequence to animate. I will shoot the creature on a green screen, then use the magic eraser tool to get rid of most of the background plate and probably use the magnetic lasso tool to get clean edges. I'm also considering one clean roto, then one smudged/blurred roto, so I can layer the two animations in After Effects and play with the blending modes to get an abstract image.

This creature will be dancing over various grungy scenes that I will create in photoshop. The backgrounds will be blended, smudged, and morphed into one another to create a constantly changing and evolving environment.

I'm not yet sure how this will fit into the project as a whole, but I'm hoping that I can adapt it to fit with my section of the project.

No comments: